HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Share | 

The nuisance, FUF.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fish

PostSubject: The nuisance, FUF.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 am

FUF comes onto the server regularly, insults people calling them nazi, calling them gay, claims to be "pro", and above all tries to kick random people with a trick vote: Knowing that he's unpopular, he calls a vote like kick #N FUF, where N is a random player that is not him, trying to trick people into thinking the vote is against him.

This happens most of the time when no exile member is around, and it happens more often than not while im online. Can i have the password, please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feonica

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:24 am

Well, you can't actually ban FUF, he uses proxies and he has his ways of getting the server passwords if he wants them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes he uses proxies to hide his real ip. Makes a kickban as much effective as a kick :/
Best solution is to simply ignore him and/or vcall kick him imo. Like most trolls he only wants attention. Ignoring him is worth a try.

I could give you the password but kickbanning doesn't really work in this case anyway. Unless you know if I could set up something like if playername == fuf then kick/mute. But I have no clue on how to do this in nexuiz.

Fish

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Correction: Makes the first n kickbans as effective as a kick, until he runs out of proxies. Personally i dont know about any free proxies that do anything other than http, let alone give you a playable ping. So if he uses a paying service, they will have a limited number of proxies/ips that he can use. Its far more likely that his isp gives him a different ip everytime he dials in, so thats probably what hes doing, but its tiresome if he gets kickbanned every time.

On the other hand, if he has a botnet, then were probably screwed.

As for him getting the password, i dont buy it. Ive never seen him actually log in as master, so correct me if im wrong. What ive seen him do is connect to the server multiply times, calling a vote and having all his duplicates accept the vote.

Since Nexuiz is open source, you could of course add something like if(self.name == "FUF") DropClient(self); to ClientConnect(). But that would obviously be easy to circumvent. Still, it would be fun to test how long it takes him to find out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feonica

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am

The last time I banned him he somehow logged in and banned me while vigorously trying to reconnect. I think qbit was there and saw that along with a few others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Sent you a pm Fish.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nuisance, FUF.   

Back to top Go down

The nuisance, FUF.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum